Chapter 1 Employment Relations
Chapter 2 Wages
Chapter 3 Working hours, Recess, Off-Days and Leave
- 1.Obligation to install Recess Facilities
- 2.Calculating Overtime Work Allowance
- 3.Allowance for Unused Annual Paid Leave
- 4.Weekly Holiday
- 5.Calculating Annual Paid Leave upon Returning from Maternity Leave and Childcare Leave
- 6.Introduction of Telecommuting Work System due to COVID-19
- 7.Overtime Allowance for Those in Managerial or Supervisory Positions
- 8.Are company dinner hours and dinner with clients considered as working hours?
- 9.Recognized Working Hour System
- 10.Reduced Working Hours during a Childcare Period
- 11.Paternity Leave
- 12.Time Necessary for a Periodical Medical Examination of Pregnant Women and Sub-fertility treatment leave
- 13.Excluding Period from Calculation of Average Wage?
- 14.Non-Working Days and Holidays
- 15.Arriving Early to Work and Work Hours
- 16.Childcare Leave
- 17.My company does not want to grant my childcare leave, Is it okay to use childcare leave without the company’s permission?
- 18.Family Care Leave and Short-Term Family Care Leave
- 19.Family Event Holidays
- 20.Taking Employee Annual Leave on Certain Dates without Approval
- 21.Substitution of Holidays
- 22.Whether Training Hours Should Be Included in Working Hours
- 23.Time Necessary for Periodic Medical Examination for Pregnant Women and Sub-fertility Treatment Leave
- 24.Interim Settlement of Retirement Allowances?
- 25.Excluding Surveillance or Intermittent Workers from Application of Labor Law on Work Hours, Recesses, and Holidays
- 26.When can an employee be dismissed for medical incapacity to work? Is it possible to dismiss for medical incapacity to work which lasts more than 180 calendar days? What are the end-of-contract entitlements in case of a termination of contract when due to medical incapacity to work? How are the financial rights calculated?
- 27.What is the compensation which local law requires the employer to pay to an employee on sick leave? Is it possible to stop salary rights after 30 calendar days of sick leave?
- 28.When is an employee unfit to work for medical reasons? What are the obligations of an employee who is medically unfit to work: can he be required to provide a medical certificate? How many days can an employee be on sick leave without a medical certificate?
- 29.Does the law provide for other family-related leave entitlements? (e.g. breastfeeding leave, child-rearing leave; parental leave; paternal leave, care for other family members, etc.) For each separate right, please provide: Number of days / Remuneration / Conditions.
- 30.What employee rights are maintained during unpaid leave? (e.g. seniority rights, affiliation to social security, etc.)
- 31.Minimum or maximum duration of unpaid leave?
- 32.Is the employer obliged to accept a request for unpaid leave? If yes, in which cases and under which conditions?
- 33.What is the minimum or maximum number of special leave days for the mandatory cases required by law?
- 34.In which cases is it mandatory for the employer to grant special paid leave (e.g. birth, marriage, death, illness of family member, military service)? How is this special leave paid (full salary or part of it)? [Maternity leave is dealt with separately below]
- 35.Can an employer request an employee to work on a public/bank holiday in cases of necessity? How should that work be remunerated?
- 36.When a public holiday falls on a non-working day, is compensation mandatory and under which conditions?
- 37.Are there additional holidays foreseen for different religious or other groups or regions?
- 38.Which are the official, mandatory public/bank holidays? How or by whom are they fixed? Please provide the list for present and following years (if available)
- 39.Are there extra leave days for specific groups of employee (or a system of increasing the minimum leave rights by age, by seniority, etc.)?
- 40.Can the employer require that the annual leave includes at least a period of 2 consecutive calendar weeks?
- 41.Can an employee be required to use all their annual leave, i.e. not to carry over to the next year?
- 42.Does the local law provide mandatory rules for the carry-over or compensation of unused annual leave?
- 43.What is the minimum number of annual leave days?
- 44.Is the duration of a lunch break regulated by local law (minimum or maximum duration)? Is it obligatory to count the lunchbreak as part of the working hours? Must the lunchbreak be paid or unpaid?
- 45.Does local law provide rules on how to apply a shift / roster system for drivers?
- 46.Is it possible for the employer / employee to agree on a flexitime system?
- 47.Is it possible to compensate overtime hours with time off in lieu?
- 48.What is the remuneration for overtime? (including on Saturdays, Sundays, public holidays, etc. – expressed as a percentage of the salary?)
- 49.How is overtime calculated? Is there a maximum number of overtime working hours?
- 50.What are the maximum daily, weekly and monthly working hours under local law?
Chapter 4 Working Environment and Disciplinary Action
Chapter 5 Dismissals
Chapter 6 Employment Adjustment
Chapter 7 Retirement Management
Chapter 8 Women and The Aged
- 1.Does the local law impose a mandatory right for an employee to be granted the right to work part-time? In which cases / for how long / under which conditions? Can the employer refuse if the work does not permit this flexibility?
- 2.Do rights for child-rearing leave; parental leave; paternal leave, care for other family members, etc. overlap / cumulate with maternity leave?
- 3.Does the law provide for other family-related leave entitlements? (e.g. breastfeeding leave, child-rearing leave; parental leave; paternal leave, care for other family members, etc.) For each separate right, please provide: Number of days / Remuneration / Conditions.
- 4.Does the law impose further working time arrangements following maternity (e.g. obligation to accept unpaid leave requests, obligation to accept part-time work requests, etc.)?
- 5.Can sick leave be cumulated with maternity leave (i.e. added to make the maternity leave period longer)? Under which conditions?
- 6.What employee rights are maintained during maternity leave? (e.g. seniority rights, payment of work allowances, etc.)
- 7.Is maternity leave paid or unpaid? How much? Who pays?
- 8.When can the maternity leave start / stop in relation to the delivery date (or date of confinement)? Who decides?
- 9.What leave rights does the law grant for pregnant employees / giving birth? How long is maternity leave?
Chapter 9 Irregular Employee Management
Chapter 10 Foreign Workers
Chapter 11 Rules of Employement
Chapter 12 The Social Insurances
Chapter 13 Labor Union
Chapter 14 The Serious Disaster Punishment Act and the Occupational Safety and Health Act